The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
Venturing is a youth development program for young men and women who are 14 years of age OR 13 years of age and have completed the eighth grade and under 21 years of age. Venturing's purpose is to provide positive experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults.
Here is a list of Venturing Crews within Colorado River District and their focus/activities. A quick summary document is available below as well.
Crew 188 – General Interest
- Meets every Wednesday night at the LDS Church in Bastrop at 7PM
- General interest
- Scott Greenwell Advisor 512-629-2874, email@example.com or
- Adam Goodwin Assistant 706-352-9227, firstname.lastname@example.org
Crew 204 – Backpacking Summer 2017
- Meets twice a month on 2nd and 4th Sundays at 5:30PM at the Scout Hut in LaGrange. This will change in the spring as school activities change.
- The activities are planned around the ALPS Model (Adventure, Leadership, Personal Growth, Service.
- Our focus area is High Adventure we have training and social events thrown in for good measure. The crew is heading to Glacier National Park to backpack this summer.
- Jason Parks / 512-944-7659
Crew 357 – Shooting Sports
- Crew 357: Bastrop Youth Shooting Club
- Meets the 3rd Wednesday of the Month usually at the Lost Pines Scout Camp in Bastrop
- Focus: Shooting sports
- Robert Oliver 512-304-8178 or
- Doug Kelsay 512-762-2567, email@example.com
Crew 634 – Native American Heritage Activities
- Crew 634 is focused on Native American heritage activities. The Crew attends numerous Pow Wows, craft fairs, drum and singing clinics throughout the year. The Crew regularly competes at the Austin Pow Wow, the largest one day pow wow in Texas, and routinely has contestants place.
- Crew meetings are the 1st and 3rd Sundays, rotated around Bastrop County. Please contact for schedule and locations.
- Karen Bellinghausen; firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Bill Bellinghausen; email@example.com
Crew 2527 - ?
Visit this WEBSITE
for more information or HERE
to learn more about Venturing Training requirements